Vacuum Bumper Guard Installation & Care Instructions
All our bumper guards come with detailed instructions. Even though our bumpers are easy to install, please review our instructions to ensure correct installation. Bumper Guard installation instructions can be found here.
Installation Hints & Tips
- Adhesives adhere better to plastics than rubber. If possible, attach hook fastener adhesive strips primarily to the plastic frame of the vacuum-head / power-nozzle.
- Bumper guard must completely cover the hook fasteners in order to shield dust and prevent debris from attaching to the adhesive. Dust and debris will prevent hook fastener strips from adhering well.
- If present, do not cover vacuum's ventilation holes or sensors.
- Bumper should not hang below the vacuum-head, as it could impede the vacuum's performance.
- Optional: If the bumper is too long, (using sharp scissors) adjust to fit by simply removing flaps at each end. NOTE: Cut flaps behind the seam to prevent fabric from gaping or fraying.
- Remove pet fur, dust & debris from bumper guard by
- vacuuming bumper with a vacuum attachment OR
- wiping bumper with a damp cloth, rubber glove or lint brush
- Our bumper guards are Machine Washable! If necessary:
- Gently remove the bumper to prevent Velcro from detaching from vacuum
- Machine wash in warm water and air-dry
- If replacement Velcro is needed, you may order replacement Velcro here